One recent survey of home-based entrepreneurs found that attracting new customers was the second biggest challenge they had to overcome. If you’re a solopreneur, you’re probably not surprised.
Solopreneur: a person who sets up and runs a business on their own.
Generating leads as a solopreneur is crucial to your success. After all, that’s how a company grows, isn’t it? Unfortunately, solopreneurs tend to have quite a constraint on their time, capital, and other resources, so accomplishing this is especially difficult.
So, how do you go about generating leads as a solopreneur, especially when the odds are inevitably stacked against you?
Don’t Knock Email Marketing
Although email marketing has gotten a bad rap–many claim the strategy is outdated– it still proves to be plenty effective in 2018.
Let’s consult the recent stats:
- Pew Research’s data shows that 92% of adults in the United States use email, and 61% of these email users are checking and sending emails on an average day.
- According to Campaign Monitor, every $1 spent on email marketing typically generates about $38 in ROI.
- According to data obtained by GetResponse, the average open rate for a welcome email is 82%!
- According to Statista, 49% of consumers said that they would like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands on a weekly basis.
If there’s one thing you take from these statistics, let it be this: Email marketing is not outdated, in fact, the strategy has stood the test of time. It’s important to remember that while email marketing can incredibly beneficial to your business and your website, it only works when it’s done right.
If you want to get started with email marketing, check out this guide.
Attend Trade Shows
One of the easiest ways to meet potential prospects, generate additional leads, and promote your products is through trade shows. You can network with people from different companies within your industry.
You can find a trade show near you by using any of the following websites.
Interviewing influencers in your industry can help you reach more people, promote your brand’s image, drive more engagement, and attract new customers. If you can’t get a video interview with influencers, you can always ask them for written interviews over email–it’s just as effective. To find influencers in your industry,
- Perform a Google search for relevant blogs, and reach out to their owners for an interview.
- Search for influencers using hashtags
- Use BuzzSumo, a huge database of influencers and reach out.
Joining forums can be useful when interacting with influencers in your niche market. You can offer advice on forums, which builds your brand’s credibility, and you can gather information about both your audience and influencers that they would connect best with. You can find forums within your niche by
- Googling “forum+’my niche name'”
- Using chrome extensions like MozBar and SEOQuake
If you’re a solopreneur, you know just how difficult it is to generate leads by yourself. Hopefully, these methods will ensure that you have plenty of clients to service and that your business venture survives and thrives!